Configuring your Oxygen in Pro Tools
1) Connect your Oxygen to your computer.
2) Press the DAW/Preset button (# 1) on your Oxygen keyboard to enter into DAW mode. Notice that the DAW button is now lit (# 2)
3) Press and hold the DAW/Preset button (# 2) on your Oxygen keyboard.
4. Using the < or > Buttons (#3 and 4), scroll to M1 h and then release the DAW/Preset button to select it.
Your transport controls, faders, buttons, and knobs will now have messages mapped for Pro Tools.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode.
- When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls.
- When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
5. Launch Pro Tools and Open or Create a Project.
6) Select the Setup pulldown menu and open MIDI Input Devices.
7) Enable MIDI Input from the Oxygen by clicking the box next to Oxygen, USB MIDI, and Oxygen DAW.
Note: To send MIDI from the Oxygen's MIDI DIN output port, enable the box for Oxygen, MIDI DIN.
8) Click Setup and navigate to the Peripherals option.
9) Click on the MIDI Controllers tab.
10) Select the MIDI Controllers tab from the window that appears.
11) Click the first Type drop-down menu and select HUI.
12) Click the first Receive From drop-down menu and select the MIDIIN2 (Oxygen ## MKV).
13) Click the first Send To drop-down menu and select the MIDIIN2 (Oxygen ## MKV). Make sure that 8 is selected in the # Ch's drop-down menu and click OK to close the window
14) Create a new instrument track by selecting the Track pull-down menu and clicking New.
15) In the New pull-down menu, select Stereo and then Instrument Track.
16) In the newly created track, add an Insert to your track by clicking in your track's Inserts A-E and selecting Multichannel Plugin > Instrument. Select the instrument you would like to use, such as Hybrid (Stereo). The plugin can now be triggered with Oxygen.