Please Note: Before following the steps below, make sure you have the latest version of your Oxygen Pro firmware installed. This can be found in your account after registering your keyboard, or on the product page for your Oxygen Pro.
1. Connect Oxygen Pro to your computer.
2. Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Oxygen Pro keyboard.
Note: On the Oxygen Pro Mini, and Oxygen Pro 25, press the Preset/DAW button when in DAW mode (button lit).
3. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “Reason” and then press the Encoder to select it.
4. Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
5. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and the press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
6. Use the Encoder select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Reason.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
[Back to top]
1. Click Edit and navigate to Preferences….
2. Click on the Control Surfaces tab.
3. Click Add Manually at the top right of the window.
4. Select M-Audio as the manufacturer, and then select Oxygen Pro ## from the Model drop-down menu.
5. Select the following:
- In the "USB MIDI" drop-down menu, select Oxygen Pro ##.
- In the "Mackie/HUI" drop-down menu, select MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##). This may be labeled as Mackie/HUI on a Mac.
- In the "MIDI DIN" drop-down menu, select MIDIIN2 (Oxygen Pro ##). This may be labeled as MIDI DIN on a Mac.
- In the "OUT PORT" drop-down menu, select Oxygen Pro ##.
6. Click OK and close the Preferences window
1. In Reason, go to Sequencer window and select “Add Track”
2. Then from the pulldown menu select Instruments, and the Instrument you would like to use.
3. The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Oxygen Pro series keyboard while in DAW mode.