1. Connect your Oxygen to your computer.
2. Press the DAW/Preset button (#1) on your Oxygen keyboard to enter into DAW mode. Notice that the DAW button is now lit (#2)
3. Press and hold the DAW/Preset button (#2) on your Oxygen keyboard.
4. Using the < or > Buttons (#3 and 4), scroll to “M1h” and then release the DAW/Preset button to select it.
Your transport controls, faders, buttons and knobs will now have messages mapped for Logic.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode.
- When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls.
- When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
1. In the Logic Pro Toolbar click Logic Pro X and select Control Surfaces, Setup… from the pulldown menu.
2. In the Control Surface Setup window, select New and then select Install…
3. In the Install window under Manufacturer select “Mackie Designs”, model “HUI”, module “HUI” and select “Add”. Then close out that window.
4. Then in the Control Surface Setup window select Mackie/HUI for the Output Port and Mackie/HUI for the Input Port. Then close out the window.
Creating an Instrument Track
2. On the new software instrument track press and hold Control and Click the instrument icon and select an instrument.
3. The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Oxygen series keyboard while in Preset mode.
[Back to top]