Please Note: Before following the steps below, make sure you have the latest version of your Oxygen Pro firmware installed. This can be found in your account after registering your keyboard, or on the product page for your Oxygen Pro.
- Connect Oxygen Pro to your computer.
- Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Oxygen Pro keyboard.
Note: On the Oxygen Pro Mini, and Oxygen Pro 25, press the Preset/DAW button when in DAW mode (button lit).
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “P.T.” and then press the Encoder to select it.
- Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
- Use the Encoder and select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Note: This setting is not available on the Oxygen Pro Mini, so this step can be ignored.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Pro Tools.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
- Launch Pro Tools.
- Open or Create a Project.
- Select the Setup pulldown menu and open MIDI Input Devices.
- Enable MIDI Input from the Oxygen Pro by clicking the box next to Oxygen Pro, USB MIDI, and Oxygen Pro, Mackie/HUI.
Note: To send MIDI from the Oxygen Pro's MIDI DIN output port, enable the box for Oxygen Pro, MIDI DIN.
- Click Setup and navigate to the Peripherals option.
- Click on the MIDI Controllers tab.
- Select the MIDI Controllers tab from the window that appears.
- Click the first Type drop-down menu and select HUI.
- Click the first Receive From drop-down menu and select the MIDIIN2 (Oxygen Pro ##).
- Click the first Send To drop-down menu and select the MIDIIN2 (Oxygen Pro ##). Make sure that 8 is selected in the # Ch's drop-down menu and click OK to close the window
- Create a new instrument track by selecting the Track pull-down menu and clicking New.
- In the New pull-down menu, select Stereo and then Instrument Track.
- In the newly created track, add an Insert to your track by clicking in your track's Inserts A-E and selecting Multichannel Plugin > Instrument. Select the instrument you would like to use, such as Hybrid (Stereo). The plugin can now be triggered with the Oxygen Pro.