1. Connect Hammer Pro to your computer.
2. Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Hammer 88 Pro keyboard.
3. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “Bitwig” and then press the Encoder to select it.
4. Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
5. Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and the press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
6. Use the Encoder select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Bitwig.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Hammer 88 Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
[Back to top]
1. Click Show Dashboard (Bitwig Icon) and select the Settings tab.
2. Click on the Controllers, and click “+ Add Controller”.
3. In the Hardware vendor pull-down menu select “Mackie”.
4. Then select “Add”.
5. In the MIDI In and Output ports drop-down menu, select MIDIIN3 (Hammer 88 Pro) for the input and MIDIOUT3 (Hammer 88 Pro) for the output. This may be labeled as Mackie/HUI on a Mac.
6. Click on the Controllers, and click “+ Add Controller”.
7. In the Hardware vendor pull-down menu select “Generic” and “MIDI Keyboard”, then select “Add”.
8. In the MIDI Input port drop-down menu, select Hammer 88 Pro.
9. Click “X” in the top right corner.
10. The Transport, Channel Faders, Mute, Solo, Select, Panning, and Bank Controls should be controllable with the Hammer 88 Pro series keyboard while in DAW mode.
1. In Bitwig, go to Add > Add Instrument Track.
2. Then in the Browser select the Devices Tab.
3. Click “VST 2 Plug-Ins” and in the Category window select a VST by double clicking it.
4. The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Hammer 88 Pro series keyboard while in Preset mode.
[Back to top]