Please Note: Before following the steps below, make sure you have the latest version of your Oxygen Pro firmware installed. This can be found in your account after registering your keyboard, or on the product page for your Oxygen Pro.
- Connect Oxygen Pro to your computer.
- Press and hold the DAW button (#5) on your Oxygen Pro keyboard.
Note: On the Oxygen Pro Mini, and Oxygen Pro 25, press the Preset/DAW button when in DAW mode (button lit).
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen (#8), scroll to “Cubase” and then press the Encoder to select it.
- Press and hold the Shift button, and press the Global button.
- Using the Encoder directly below the OLED screen, scroll to PC, and then press the Encoder to enter into selecting your OS.
- Use the Encoder and select Mac if you are using a macOS or Win if you are using a Windows OS. Note: This setting is not available on the Oxygen Pro Mini, so this step can be ignored.
Your transport controls, faders, knobs, and DAW shortcuts will now have messages mapped for Cubase.
To provide the most versatile controller, the Oxygen Pro series has 2 modes, Preset and DAW mode. When in DAW mode all of the controls will be used for controlling DAW functions and controls. When in Preset mode all of the controls will be used for controlling Virtual Instrument parameters and controls.
[Back to top]
- Click Studio and navigate to Studio Setup….
- Click on the MIDI Port Setup, and select Oxygen Pro ##, MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##), and MIDIOUT3 as Visible, and Oxygen Pro ## as Visible and All MIDI In Selected.
IMPORTANT: Do not have “All MIDI In” active for MIDIIN3. This causes issues with the faders sending unwanted pitch messages.
- Click Remote Devices.
- Click the + icon and select “Mackie Control” from the pulldown menu.
- In the "MIDI Input" drop-down menu, select MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro ##). This may be labeled as Mackie/HUIon a Mac.
- Click OK.
- The Transport, Channel Faders, Mute, Solo, Select, Panning, Clip Play Row 1, Back, Encoder, and Bank Controls should be controllable with the Oxygen Pro series keyboard while in DAW mode.
- In Cubase, go to Project > Add Track > Instrument.
- Then in the pull-down menu select a Virtual Instrument.
- Click “Add Track”.
- The virtual instrument should be controllable with the Oxygen Pro series keyboard while in Preset mode.